Monday, August 2, 2010

Welcome to my travel blog!

Hola friends & family!

   Thanks for checking in on my travel blog.  I decided to create a blog so you can follow my quest to become a Peace Corps volunteer.

Currently, I am waiting for the medical office to review my file and give me medical clearance.   After that I will have to wait some more to hear if I get a Placement.  
I was nominated in March for Latin America in February of 2011 working in health extension.  My recruiter gave me a little more information and told me the particular nomination would include HIV/AIDS education and outreach.   I am very excited about this particular nomination because I have a passion to help educate others about HIV/AIDS until a cure is found.

I have a hunch that I will be going to a Central American country if I get placed in Latin America.

"National HIV prevalence (the proportion of the population who are living with HIV) is now estimated to be at least 1% in Belize, Guyana, Panama and Suriname." http://www.avert.org/southamerica.htm


While I am waiting to hear from Peace Corps, I am finishing my degree at The University of Cincinnati.   I will be done officially September 1st with all of my exams.   I will have received a degree in Communication and certificates in African Studies and Public Relations.  Following graduation, I am moving to The Villages, Florida to live with my grandparents starting Sept. 15.

I created this blog so you can follow my last days in Cincinnati, my travels through Florida, and hopefully my journey as a Peace Corps volunteer :)

I'll be posting pictures and other things for you to oogle at if you'd like.

Kwa heri!




No comments:

Post a Comment